Cybersecurity Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 549
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies. Cedars-Sinai has once again solidified its position as a global healthcare technology leader, receiving top accolades in not one but two prestigious surveys.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai placed in the top 20 on Newsweek’s “World's Best Smart Hospitals 2024” list, which highlights hospitals that have excelled in the utilization of electronic functionalities, telemedicine, digital imaging, artificial intelligence and robotics.
The organization’s Healthtech excellence was acknowledged again, this time by the esteemed “CHIME Digital Health Most Wired“ recognition program. Cedars-Sinai was assigned a Level 10—the most prestigious level of certification—among more than 300 surveyed healthcare organizations. Cedars-Sinai netted high scores across multiple domains and particularly excelled in the areas of infrastructure, interoperability, and population health innovation.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Cybersecurity Specialist is responsible for supporting, creating, and implementing of security architectures and secure application designs for information systems. This includes assisting application developers/support teams with secure application design, planning and integration. Conduct security architecture reviews, provides secure application/infrastructure solutions, designing/implementing mechanisms & programs that restrict access of malicious intent or other unauthorized users. Introducing new security methods/technologies for integration with existing technical architectures, frameworks, implementation planning, documentation of standard methodologies, and templates. Assessing security threats/risks and recommend/assist in the delivery of solutions to mitigate risks.
- Participating in the creation and administration of data security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Participating in access audits and conducting computing forensics.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of data and network security policies and procedures.
- Provide system assurance and security oversight in EIS change control process; review and evaluate risks of submitted changes and impact to the security of CSMC network and systems.
- Review logs from intrusion detection and monitoring systems; conduct correlation analysis and take action accordingly.
- Facilitate external third-party assurance reviews to assess networks (internal, external, wireless, etc.).
- Work with technical teams to facilitate & promote security incident response procedures, address monitoring concerns, and identification of criteria for audit reporting.
- Conduct on-demand forensics analysis and review of compromised systems and/or systems used in potential un-secure and un-trusted manner.
- Conduct periodic review and scanning of: DMZ assets, critical servers, internal/external, and wireless networks.
- Develop security metrics and reporting on security monitoring efforts.
- Use security monitoring tools to evaluate and improve the security of organization systems and network.
- Maintain and support the security tools suite to ensure logged data fidelity and integrity.
- Two (2)+ years' as a cybersecurity specialist with experience in solution design, deployment, and operations in desktop, server, network and server technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer/network security, operating systems (UNIX/LINUX, Windows and NT)
- LAN/WAN networking protocols such as: TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, IDS/IPS, PKI and encryption.
- Solid grasp in Information Classification, Network security protocols, methods and technologies, Application and Web Layer Security (Web 2.0, Secure Messaging, Secure Protocols), Continuity of operations planning and disaster recovery strategies and architectures, and Identity Access Management and Access Control.
- Experience with regulatory and compliance information security frameworks, standards and best practices (NIST, ITIL, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, ISO 27000 series, etc.).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. (preferred)
CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certificate. (can be acquired within first 6 months).
Req ID : 549
Working Title : Cybersecurity Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Department : Information Security
Business Entity : Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Specialty : IT Security
Overtime Status : EXEMPT
Primary Shift : Day
Shift Duration : 8 hour
Base Pay : $94,390.40 - $151,028.80
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.